from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being whimsical.
- n. A whimsical idea or its expression; a caprice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being whimsical.
- n. something whimsical; a caprice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being whimsical; whimsicalness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being whimsical; whimsicalness.
- n. Oddity; strangeness; fantasticalness.
- n. Pl. whimsicalities (-tiz). That which exhibits whimsical or fanciful qualities; a whimsical thought, saying, or action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of acting unpredictably and more from whim or caprice than from reason or judgment
- n. the trait of behaving like an imp
Sorry, no etymologies found.