from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lack of conformity; nonconformity.
- n. Geology A surface between successive strata representing a missing interval in the geologic record of time, and produced either by an interruption in deposition or by the erosion of depositionally continuous strata followed by renewed deposition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a lack of conformity
- n. a gap in time in rock strata, where erosion occurs while deposition slows or stops
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Want of conformity; incongruity; inconsistency.
- n. Want of parallelism between strata in contact.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In geology, same as unconformability.
- n. Non-conformity; incongruity; inconsistency; want of conformity.
un- + conformity (Wiktionary)