from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lack of congruence.
- n. The state or quality of being incongruous.
- n. Something incongruous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being incongruous, or lacking congruence.
- n. An instance or point of disagreement; a dissimilarity; a discrepancy; an inconsistency.
- n. A thing that is incongruous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being incongruous; lack of congruity; unsuitableness; inconsistency; impropriety.
- n. Disagreement of parts; lack of symmetry or of harmony.
- n. That which is incongruous; lack of congruity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being incongruous; want of congruity or mutual fitness; unsuitableness of one thing to another; lack of adaptation.
- n. That which is incongruous; something not suitably conjoined, related, or adapted: as, this episode is an incongruity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of disagreeing; being unsuitable and inappropriate
Sorry, no etymologies found.