from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Failure or refusal to observe, as a religious custom or holiday.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The failure to observe a custom, or to conform with a law
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Neglect or failure to observe or fulfill.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Neglect or failure to observe or fulfil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lack of conformity with law or custom or practice etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.