from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A failure or refusal to agree.
- n. A disparity; an inconsistency.
- n. A conflict or difference of opinion.
- n. A quarrel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An argument or debate.
- n. A condition of not agreeing or concurring.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of disagreeing; a being at variance; dissimilitude; diversity.
- n. Unsuitableness; unadaptedness.
- n. Difference of opinion or sentiment.
- n. A falling out, or controversy; difference.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Want of agreement; difference, either in form or in essence; dissimilitude; diversity; unlikeness: as, the disagreement of two ideas, of two stories, or of any two objects in some respects similar.
- n. Difference of opinion or sentiments.
- n. Unsuitableness; unfitness; lack of conformity.
- n. A falling out; a wrangle; contention.
- n. Synonyms Distinction, Diversity, etc. (see difference); unlikeness, discrepancy.
- n. Variance, misunderstanding, dissension, division, dispute, jarring, clashing, strife.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the speech act of disagreeing or arguing or disputing
- n. a conflict of people's opinions or actions or characters
- n. a difference between conflicting facts or claims or opinions
From dis- + agreement or disagree + -ment (Wiktionary)