from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An event, especially a confrontation, that forces an issue to a conclusion.
- n. Games The laying down of the players' cards face up to determine the winner of the pot in poker.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The final battle between two nemeses, in which there can be but one victor
- n. The final round in a poker match, where the all remaining players' cards have to be put down on the table and shown
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hostile disagreement face-to-face
From show + down. (Wiktionary)