from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A second contest between the same opponents.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A repeated contest staged between the same opponents or teams which played a previous contest.
- v. To bring opponents together for such a contest.
- v. To stage such a contest.
- v. To match again or anew.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something (especially a game) that is played again
re- + match (Wiktionary)