from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Printing Matter that is appended or added without a formal break.
- n. A derived term, often formed by the addition of an affix, that is included undefined at the end of a dictionary entry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Continuing on where a rhetorical pause would be more appropriate.
- n. A run-on sentence.
- n. Any thing that runs on, as a run-on entry in a dictionary.
- n. The period when a power saw or other tool continues to run after being powered off.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (verse) without a rhetorical pause between lines
Sorry, no etymologies found.