American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Slang A toilet.
- n. Slang A man who is a prostitute's customer.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A common name for a man or boy, often used, like Jack,- its synonym, to designate a man or a boy in general or indefinitely, especially an awkward fellow.
- n. slang A prostitute's client.
- n. slang, US A lavatory, toilet.
- n. slang An outhouse privy. Also johnny house.
- n. slang A name often used as a generic reference to a male of European, North-American, or Australian origin, while travelling in East Asia.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A proper name of a man.
- n. (New Testament) disciple of Jesus; traditionally said to be the author of the 4th Gospel and three epistles and the book of Revelation
- n. a room or building equipped with one or more toilets
- n. youngest son of Henry II; King of England from 1199 to 1216; succeeded to the throne on the death of his brother Richard I; lost his French possessions; in 1215 John was compelled by the barons to sign the Magna Carta (1167-1216)
- n. the last of the four Gospels in the New Testament
- n. a prostitute's customer
- From the name John. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“JOHN C. REILLY because we just can't get enough of hearing about jennifer aniston's sex life, john c. reilly admitted that during their sex scene in the good girl (yeah, i completely forgot that movie even existed too,) aniston essentially wore an entire suit of armor just so she wouldn't have to touch”
“Topic john = tm. createTopicBySubjectIdentifier (sid); o PHP: $john =”
“Bozo The Neoclown says: big john, is english your first language?”
“Fred ♪ ♫ ♪ says: big john is really a little worm.”
“Big man. oh lookie here another swooning spooned here, big john is a man around horse crap, and the republican t loves its crap.”
“March 7th, 2010 at 8: 31 pm just the bleepn facts says: bitblt says: buttblight keeps whining about being stoned for purity sins, but heyzeus was very clear in john 8 that behaving with the “judgment” against others and stoning was in itself was just as evil.”
“March 5th, 2010 at 1: 05 pm bitblt says: buttblight keeps whining about being stoned for purity sins, but heyzeus was very clear in john 8 that behaving with the “judgment” against others and stoning was in itself was just as evil.”
“Apr. 12th, 2010 08: 42 pm (UTC) mainstream cage match! lieutenant frederic henry vs captain john yossarian”
“IF you Repub fools would read the ENTIRE article, it states the funds will be paid back ... stop cryin ... john”
“I'm sure someone as smart as Clinton will still know how to use her brain john h”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘john’.
A list of words which yield surprising, beautiful, amusing, or otherwise noteworthy images here on Wordnik.
Inspired by gangerh's extremely addictive list songbirds, this is the same type list, but for male names. Same rules apply:
Names of boys in song titles. Not in the lyrics, just in the title...
Etymology guessing game; the words are entered as the sum of their root meanings. Let the games begin!
List of Boys names
Words or Sayings from the 1920's or whatever that no one really uses anymore (at least in that context).
Terms associated with the Christianity, The Bible, etc. I have a related, but more narrow list called Imbible Code.
A related list is Words Associated With Jesus.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
List of words referent to persons who commit specific crimes, or are suspected of committing those crimes, beginning with arsonist and safecracker.
Check out reesetee's nice Bad Guys l...
Given names that were acceptable for play the last time I checked the OWL.
"n. Any insect belonging to the order Coleoptera (which see). Sometimes, however, the term is used in a more restricted sense, as equivalent in the plural to Scarabœidœ, a tribe of this order embra...
Names and Persons (including derogatory)allowed by Scrabble
A good way to have an opponent make a bad challenge.
This list will allow you to leave comments for Wordies/Wordizens/Wordnikians, etc. Feel free to add your own name to the list. Also, you might want to link to your name-word on your profile (for an...
Looking for tweets for john.