American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A member of the principal ethnic group of China, constituting about 93 percent of the population, especially as distinguished from Manchus, Mongols, Huis, and other minority nationalities. Also called Chinese, Han Chinese.
- A Chinese dynasty (206 B.C.-A.D. 220) noted for unifying and expanding its national territory and for promoting literature and the arts.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An old present indicative plural and infinitive of have, contracted from haven.
- n. the ancient dynasty in the mainland China, dated 206 BCE - 220 CE around the Parthian times, and marked by the stable feudal system, and the fusion of Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism.
- n. the Chinese population and culture, as distinguished from the surroundings, especially in ancient times.
GNU Webster's 1913
- obsolete To have; have.
- n. imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time from 206 BC to AD 220) and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy; remembered as one of the great eras of Chinese civilization
- From Mandarin: trad. 漢, simpl. 汉 (pinyin: hàn) (Wiktionary)
- Chinese (Mandarin) Hàn. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Province, the very Heart of Han: the Shensi man today is the Son of Han, _Ts'in_ Englished; but in Shensi, the old Ts'in, in their tenderest moods, they call it _Han_ still, -- the proudest most patriotic name there is for it.”
“I don't want my home town's momentum of growth to be put out like this before it gets a chance to take off,'' wrote one person who was able to file a posting under the name Han Xiao.”
“But now US capital is purely derived from debt, especially from China, or what I describe as the Han-dominated area of Asia.”
“In any case, my assertion that The Airlords Of Han is a terrible novel (racist or not) is entirely correct.”
“Although being Han is probably much wider that it was historically, this is an insurmountable barrier that will hobble China; you can see this even today.”
“However, local propaganda department has issued notice to all media organization in Han Zhou demanding that there should be no more follow up report on the car racing incident.”
“We have so many such kind of scums in Han Zhou, many of my friends have witnessed similar incidents.”
“Thousands of Uyghur kids were kidnapped and beaten to become thieves in Han Chinese region.”
“The ethnic policy of the Chinese government has turned the Uyghur in Han regions into privileged social group, while at the same time, the Uyghur is deprived of their religious freedom and autonomy back home in the northwest region.”
“This issue: â€œThe Airlords of Han: Part 1 (of 2)! â€ Wilma Deering has been sent as an envoy to the city-org of Han, but she hasnâ€ ™ t returnedâ€ ¦ and Han is causing trouble.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Han’.
tiara's color lists rebuilt :)
( visual, colors, purple, descriptive, randomness )
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
Looking for tweets for Han.