American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A Japanese system of writing based on borrowed or modified Chinese characters.
- n. A character used in this system of writing.
- n. Chinese characters as used for the Japanese language.
- Romanization of Japanese 漢字 (かんじ) (literally “Chinese characters”), from the Mandarin Chinese 漢字 (hànzì). (Wiktionary)
- Japanese : kan, Chinese (from Middle Chinese xanh) + ji, characters (from Middle Chinese dzih). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“If that doesn't tip us off, the header written in Japanese kanji should!”
“On the train, use in-car electronic signs (often in kanji, kana, and romaji), route diagrams, announcements in Japanese and sometimes English, platform signs at the stations you pass, and/or the map clutched in your sweaty paw to track your progress.”
“In a moment, those words filled a cartoon-style balloon, were printed out first in Japanese kanji, and then in English letters.”
“In Japan, an iPhone game called kanji kentei - a character quiz with”
“Mar 18th, 2010 at 10: 36 am ceh: not to be an asshole, but kanji is the japanese term for “chinese characters.””
“Just in case you can’t read, the kanji is “heart”.”
“Written Japanese also uses Chinese characters called kanji, but these aren't covered on the disc.”
“The name and menu are written in Japanese kanji rather than Western letters, in a large, easy-to-read font.”
“The Japanese language is written with a combination of three different types of scripts: modified Chinese characters called kanji (漢字), and two syllabic scripts made up of modified Chinese characters, hiragana (平仮名) and katakana (片仮名).”
“But Chinese characters are also used in various forms in Japanese (where they are known as kanji) and Korean (hanja).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘kanji’.
Words from the names of various dictionaries.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
The culture, the words, the idiosyncracies of Japan.
words associated with writing and writing systems
j is a funny letter, 'specially when conjoined with i
Words associated with Japan or japanese.
Looking for tweets for kanji.