from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The god of woods, fields, and flocks, having a human torso and head with a goat's legs, horns, and ears.
- n. The satellite of Saturn that is closest to the planet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the subfamily Homininae — the chimpanzees.
- proper n. Greek god of nature, often visualized as half goat and half man playing pipes.
- proper n. A moon of the planet Saturn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. The god of shepherds, guardian of bees, and patron of fishing and hunting. He is usually represented as having the head and trunk of a man, with the legs, horns, and tail of a goat, and as playing on the shepherd's pipe (also called the pipes of Pan), which he is said to have invented.
Then, from all the earth there arose a sound of great lamentation, and the sea and the trees, the hills, and all the creatures of Pan sighed in sobbing unison an echo of the pilot's words -- "_Pan is dead -- Pan is dead. _"
High Liner pan sear or signature $10 - use $2 (smartsource) or $1 off for Pan sear/$1 off for signature
So in the same way, you understand the term Pan-African as it relates to music, but how about Pan-African food?
The term Pan, means one dollar, Bum Pan means a half dollar.
The other dog bone pan is actually a 6-cup Dog Bone Muffin Pan, which is also nonstick and bakes little cakes or muffins in the shape of bones.
For those who have not been following me, I have published a signficant amount of research on what I call the Pan-European Sovereign Debt Crisis.
The meeting of the Aetolian League which they call the Pan-Aetolium was to be held on a certain day.
For after all what we call Pan's pipes are simply pieces of bamboo or cane of different lengths tied together and made to sound by blowing across the open tops.
(the term Pan-chen means "great scholar" in Tibetan).
The Autumn Leaf Bundt Pan is a new pan out for fall with a distinctly fall and holiday feel to it.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.