from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of naan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Affectionate name for a grandmother.
- n. Alternative spelling of naan.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- interj. Anan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A Middle English form of none.
- n. A small earthen jar.
- Same as anan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the mother of your father or mother
- n. a river of western Thailand flowing southward to join the Ping River to form the Chao Phraya
- n. leavened bread baked in a clay oven in India; usually shaped like a teardrop
- n. your grandmother
Possibly derived from Celtic nana ("grandmother"). (Wiktionary)
From Hindustani नान / نان (nān), from Persian نان (nān). (Wiktionary)