from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mythology The Mesopotamian god of the full moon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A goddess, the wife of Balder.
- proper n. The god of the moon in Sumerian mythology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The wife of Balder.
- n. The god of the moon; counterpart of the Akkadian Sin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the mother of your father or mother
- n. god of the Moon; counterpart of the Akkadian Sin
- n. (Norse mythology) wife of Balder
Sumerian nannar; see nwr in Semitic roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Of uncertain origin, possibly from Proto-Germanic *nanþ- (“brave,daring”); or from an Old Norse baby talk word for "mother". (Wiktionary)