American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A medieval African kingdom in what is now eastern Senegal, southwest Mali, and southern Mauritania. It was founded probably in the 6th century A.D. and prospered because of its location astride the trans-Saharan caravan routes. The kingdom declined after the 11th century.
- A country of western Africa on the Gulf of Guinea. It was inhabited in precolonial times by a number of ancient kingdoms, including an inland Ashanti kingdom and various Fante states along the coast. Trade with European states flourished after contact with the Portuguese in the 15th century, and the British established a crown colony, Gold Coast, in 1874. Ghana became independent in 1957. Accra is the capital and the largest city. Population: 22,900,000.
- n. A country in Western Africa. Official name: The Republic of Ghana.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A country in Western Africa, bordering the North Atlantic Ocean, between Cote d'Ivoire and Togo, with Burkina Faso bordering on the north, with a population of 17,698,271 (July 1996 est), and a total area of 238,540 sq km. The government is a constitutional democracy, and the capital city is Accra.
- n. a republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea
- Named after the Ghana Empire, in turn from Mande ghana ("warrior king") by J. B. Danquah. (Wiktionary)
“PRESIDENT OF GHANA: Ghana (ph) is looking up to you.”
“- GHANA (32): Hey Africa ... who needs Bafana Bafana when you have Ghana?”
“With shows comin up in the UK, JAMAICA, GHANA and NIGERIA, IWAN and MO EAZY will take to the stage to performe this club hit that's taking the airwaves in Ghana by storm.”
“GHANA The Africa-America Institute (AAI) to honor Ghana for nurturing Ghana and beyond is here again.”
“GHANA: Oilfield service company Expro is establishing a new base in Ghana following the award of a multi-million dollar contract to deliver subsea, well test and data acquisition services Energy LLC, according to Reuters.”
“GHANA: Oilfield service company Expro is establishing a new base in Ghana following the award of a multi-million dollar contract to deliver subsea, well test and data acquisition services”
“Israeli Offensive Enters Seventh Day Pius Utomi Ekpei/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images GHANA VOTE: Kwasi Gyinanie, a 60-year-old blind man, was led by his son Kwame Isaac to cast his ballot for president Friday in Badu, Ghana.”
“Dr. Peter Bossman, who was born in Ghana, is starting his work as mayor of Slovenia's coastal town of Piran.”
“Be assured that the missionary wing of the church in Ghana is alive and updated to provide you with adequate information.”
“Africa Dispatch Zimbabwe Suspends Raucous Constitutional Hearings Dinner, Dates & Politics With Somalia's Premier Building Breezy Homes in Ghana Isn't So Easy WSJ. com/Africa: News, photos, graphics Follow @WSJAFRICA on Twitter Crime in South Africa, our adoptive home, is the subject of dinner party conversation in much the same way that the weather was in London — everyone agrees it's bad but there doesn't seem much people can do about it.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Ghana’.
Looking for tweets for Ghana.