Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large handkerchief, dyed blue, yellow, or red, with small spots left white, where the stuff has been pressed to prevent it from receiving the dye.
- n. A style of calico-printing in imitation of bandana handkerchiefs, white spots being produced on a red or dark-colored ground by discharging the color.
- n. A large kerchief, usually colourful and used either as headgear or as a handkerchief, neckerchief, bikini, or sweatband.
- n. A style of calico printing, in which white or bright spots are produced upon cloth previously dyed a uniform red or dark colour, by discharging portions of the color by chemical means, while the rest of the cloth is under pressure.
- n. large and brightly colored handkerchief; often used as a neckerchief
- From Hindi बन्धन (bandhana, "he ties"), from Sanskrit बध्नाति (badhnāti, "he binds"). (Wiktionary)
“I tied my bandana from a fan blade to the water hose to keep the engine dry till I could back out, what memories!!”
“A patterned bandana is tied around the head under the hat.”
“West Midlands Police said the bandana is black and white with a number of white crescents and stars.”
“CAMWOOD (_Baphia nitida_) is used as a mordant and for producing the bright red color seen in English bandana handkerchiefs.”
The Commercial Products of the Vegetable Kingdom Considered in Their Various Uses to Man and in Their Relation to the Arts and Manufactures; Forming a Practical Treatise & Handbook of Reference for the Colonist, Manufacturer, Merchant, and Consumer, on the Cultivation, Preparation for Shipment, and Commercial Value, &c. of the Various Substances Obtained From Trees and Plants, Entering into the Husbandry of Tropical and Sub-tropical Regions, &c.
“The bandana is a nice touch, but where’re the kid’s neck tattoos?”
“If there isnt any ice available, soak a bandana and tie it on your head.”
“Around 10 a.m., the assistant principal told sophomore Matthew Dariano he had to remove his bandana, which is against school policy.”
“She's not alone, as Famitsu. com says that she's being accompanied by a male character (this may or may not be in reference to Snow, aka bandana guy).”
“I thought the guy in the bandana was the Prince of Darkness.”
“Or just soak a bandana in ice water from your cooler.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bandana’.
Headgear: “anything worn on the head” (that isn’t part of the head). Hats are fine, but for a more detailed, wider selection of fashionable hats in all colors and sizes, please see Reese Tee’s li...
This is just a list, right, that I'm gonna, like, fill with words, that, like, are every word that I can, like, think of with, ahhmm, my brain.
Go for it, brothers and sisters! I personally have been suffering long for lack of an open reduplicatives list
Everything hats,things with hoods,hoods,scarves,crowns,useful
adjectival forms,hat expressions,
Words that I come across, and go blank, or want to clarify.
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
If you could "tag" people....
Square or rectangular pieces of fabric of various uses.
Looking for tweets for bandana.