from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- In the Apocrypha, a captive in Babylon who was falsely accused of adultery and was rescued by Daniel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A female given name
- proper n. A follower of Jesus (Luke 8:3)
- proper n. A book of the Apocrypha.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an Apocryphal book consisting of text added to the Book of Daniel
From Ancient Greek Σουσάννα (Sousanna), the New Testament form of Hebrew שושנה (sušan, "lily"). (Wiktionary)