from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Bread in any form or shape.
- n. Flour, meal, or grain used in the baking of bread.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Flour, grain (such as wheat or oats), or any cereal, such as would be used in the making of bread
- n. bread of any sort
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Grain, flour, or meal of which bread is made.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any kind of grain from which bread is made; meal; flour: generally used in the plural as a commercial term to signify all the different varieties of grain and flour collectively from which bread is made.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. food made from dough of flour or meal and usually raised with yeast or baking powder and then baked
- n. flour or meal or grain used in baking bread
bread + stuff (Wiktionary)