from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A grandmother.
- n. Informal A fussy person.
- n. Chiefly Southern U.S. See midwife.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A grandmother.
- n. An elderly woman.
- adj. typically or stereotypically old-fashioned, especially in clothing and accessories worn by or associated with elderly women.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A grandmother; a grandam; familiarly, an old woman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To serve as a nurse or midwife.
- n. A grandmother; an old woman.
- n. A duck, the south-southerly or old-wife. More fully, old granny.
- n. A nurse or midwife.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the mother of your father or mother
- n. a reef knot crossed the wrong way and therefore insecure
- n. an old woman
GARCIA: The term granny ball is not actually a reference to the age of the players, but to the style of shooting.
The perfect complexion, bedroom eyes and Greek statue-like features, coupled with all the right poses, and with a nose for scenting a camera as highly developed as a tiger senses prey, all suggests total femininity, even if his long blonde hair has been teased into a French pleat, and resembles what he calls "granny chic."
February 2nd, 2010 at 9: 18 pm ralph the wonder llama, official spokesllama for the Llama Milk Council® says: drhunt says: it would be some bureaucratic panel in Washington that would decide if granny is too old for a prosthetic hip, or a cardiac STENT
In other words, flouncy dust ruffles strangle the natural flow of oxygen and make it seem like a warty granny is hiding under the bed.
My granny is going to especially love that her cut in services will yield absolutely no benefit to her loving grandchildren.
The reason that 2010 is the “throw granny from the train” year w/r/t the estate tax is because the Bush tax cut bill was passed through reconciliation.
He wrapped himself in granny, apple pie and the flag.
Loved loved loved that they made Chilli Sundae pose in granny panties ...
Mr. TURNER: I called her granny and she was just a great lady, and she loved music, she loved country music and gospel music and bluegrass music.
Clinton granny is stuck in the past with all the other presidents.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.