from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A children's nurse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A child's nurse
- n. A grandmother.
- n. A female goat
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A diminutive of Ann or Anne, the proper name.
- n. a caretaker for a child; a child's nurse; a nursemaid.
- n. Grandmother; -- a child's word, used especially as a form of address. See also nana.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A nanny-goat.
- n. In coal-mining, a natural joint, crack, or slip in the coal-measures: nearly the same as cleat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. female goat
- n. a woman who is the custodian of children
Alteration of nana.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)