from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman employed to take care of children.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a woman or girl employed to care for children
- v. To tend to as a nursemaid.
- v. To care for or look after.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A girl or woman employed to attend and care for children.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A maid-servant employed to tend children.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman who is the custodian of children
Sorry, no etymologies found.