from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A two-wheeled, one-horse carriage that has two seats and a folding top.
- n. An automobile with a folding top; a convertible coupe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An automobile with a retractable top.
- n. A light two-wheeled carriage with a folding top pulled by a single horse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A one-horse carriage with two seats and a calash top.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Properly, a covered one-horse carriage with two wheels: now often made with four wheels and a calash top. See cab.
- n. In furniture, a light armchair. Cabriolets are first mentioned in a French inventory of 1759.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage; with two seats and a folding hood
French, diminutive of cabriole, caper, from obsolete capriole, from Italian capriola, from capriolo, roebuck, from Latin capreolus, masculine diminutive of caprea, roe deer, from caper, he-goat.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowing from French cabriolet. (Wiktionary)