from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element selenium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for selenium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete form of see.
- A Latin reflexive pronoun, occurring in some phrases used in English, as in per se (compare ampersand), in se, se defendendo.
- In music, if: occurring in some directive phrases, as se bisegna, if it is necessary.
- A Latin prefix, meaning ‘apart,’ ‘away,’ occurring in many English words, as in secede, secure, segregate, seclude, select, secret, seduce, separate, sever, etc., and in the form sed- in sedition.
- In chem., the symbol of selenium.
- n. An obsolete form of sea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium; occurs in several allotropic forms; a stable grey metallike allotrope conducts electricity better in the light than in the dark and is used in photocells; occurs in sulfide ores (as pyrite)
- n. the compass point midway between south and east; at 135 degrees
Sorry, no etymologies found.
15-7: = Se lo suplica a V. =: _Se = le_, redundant pronoun anticipating
Se is entirely wrong to tell you or anybody not to hunt and there is no way she can know anything about hunting if she has never done it herself.
I didn't recognize much among the fish that were on ice, so I called Se-yeong and she dropped by the supermarket to show which fish were suitable for pan-frying.
Hi Brad, And I though you did, in 'Se verla al revés', which I though to beincredibly witty on your part.
Without that I have little confidence in Señor Don Teutonio5 as a negotiator.
I don't spell my name Seán out of respect for my mother who picked my name even though I prefer the Irish spelling.
Showcasing Australasian Educational Projects in Se ...
* ■ ■ * cording to their more obvious and common Ideas, we now proceed to fome farther Cenfiderations about them, which zrifedom thofe; and are moftly fuch, as they call Se - cond Notions, more general, abftrad, and Nice.
Much of the landscape, especially Xuebaoding peak and the Huanglong valley, is important in local Tibetan religion, culture and folklore in which the valley is known as Se'erzuo, the Golden Lake.
There are just 16 tables at Per Se, which is in the Time Warner Center overlooking Central Park and Columbus Circle.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.