from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To play over again: replay a tennis match; replay a tape; replay history.
- n. The act or process of replaying.
- n. Something replayed.
- n. An instant replay.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to play again
- v. to display a recording of a previous event, especially multiple times
- n. the replaying of (something), for example of televised footage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. play (a melody) again
- v. play again
- n. something (especially a game) that is played again
- v. reproduce (a recording) on a recorder
- v. repeat a game against the same opponent
- n. the immediate rebroadcast of some action (especially sports action) that has been recorded on videotape
Sorry, no etymologies found.