from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To stay beyond the set limits or expected duration of; outstay: The guests overstayed their welcome.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remain present after the agreed or appropriate departure time.
- v. To remain present beyond the limits of.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To stay beyond the time or the limits of.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To stay or delay beyond; stay beyond the limits or duration of: as, to overstay one's time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. stay too long
From over- + stay. (Wiktionary)