from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A card, die, or domino with three pips.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A playing card with the rank of three.
- n. A score of three in cards, dice, or dominoes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Three, at cards, dice, or dominoes; a card, die, or domino of three spots or pips.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A card or die with three spots. Also tray.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of four playing cards in a deck having three pips
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
Middle English treye, from Old French treie, from Latin tria, neuter of trēs, three; see trei- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)