American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A card, die, or domino with three pips.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A card or die with three spots. Also tray.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Three, at cards, dice, or dominoes; a card, die, or domino of three spots or pips.
- n. one of four playing cards in a deck having three pips
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
- Middle English treye, from Old French treie, from Latin tria, neuter of trēs, three; see trei- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“But Wade then found Jones for the long trey from the right wing and Alonzo Mourning, in foul trouble all night, came across the lane to swat away Larry Hughes 'final attempt to tie the game with eight seconds to go.”
“We knew they liked to run and lob the ball up for the 'trey' a lot," Maryland guard Chris McCray said.”
“Here, you know, people stake their luck on a cardinal just as they nurse a 'trey' in the lottery, and if their cardinal proves the winning number and becomes pope they gain a fortune.”
“That worthy soul was nursing up a combination of three numbers called a "trey" in a lottery, and lotteries give no credit to their customers.”
“..one quick finger compression is all it takes...like a roll of the loaded dice, it comes up an elliptic "trey" any & every time i need it...”
“amd fan boi: do something useful for once if that is all possible, given your penchant for dead-end technologies, shore up the blogs firewall and the one on fsj's IP also. and for f**k's sake shut up about 'caledonia,' or i'll have 'trey' back here insinuating 'c**kf*g' at you for your effeminate use of 'boi'!”
“For more info check out www.treyanthonystudios.com or to contact trey, please email email@example.com.”
“He then hit a trey on the first possession after he entered the game at Creighton, but didn't score again in his final college game.”
“Maybe he doesn't want it to get lost in April foolishness? trey”
“Anne, so glad you found us, and trey cool that it was through Last Will.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘trey’.
Words listed first by me that don't belong in any other list.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Looking for tweets for trey.