from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To catch in a net; ensnare.
- v. To surround as by a net.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To catch in a net; to insnare.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To catch in a net; insnare.
- n. In the Roman Catholic Church, an exorcist, the third of the four lesser orders.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States poet; brother of William Rose Benet (1898-1943)
- n. United States writer; brother of Stephen Vincent Benet (1886-1950)
From be- + net. (Wiktionary)