from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- interj. Used as an exclamation of pleasure, approval, elation, or victory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. Alternative form of yea (yes).
- interj. An expression of happiness.
- adv. so, this (accompanied by a hand gesture)
- n. The name of the letter for the y sound in Pitman shorthand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a branch of the Tai languages
Alteration of yea.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Alteration of yea ("yes; even, truly, verily"). More at yea. (Wiktionary)