from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Clay 1, Cassius Marcellus 1810-1903. American abolitionist and public official who was minister to Russia (1861-1862 and 1863-1869).
- Clay 2, Cassius Marcellus See Muhammad Ali.
- Clay, Henry Known as "the Great Compromiser.” 1777-1852. American politician who pushed the Missouri Compromise through the U.S. House of Representatives (1820) in an effort to reconcile free and slave states.
- Clay, Lucius DuBignon 1897-1978. American army officer who commanded U.S. forces in Germany (1945-1949) and oversaw the Berlin airlift (1948).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A diminutive of the male given name Clayton.
White Kaolin Clay, also known as China or White Clay, is basically kaolinite and is the mildest of all clays.
Yellow Kaolin Clay is mild clay making it suitable for sensitive skin.
Consider This: If you like the name Clay, perhaps use it as a nickname for Clayton, which is much more popular and versatile.
Sub Specie AEternitatis says: spo: Judge Clay is an evil man. ...
According to the Chapala forum Mary in Clay County SD as of yesterday is still doing renewals for people who have SD plates on their car in Mexico.
The wonderfully named Ponders and Clanahans and Sistrunks have held sway in Clay, Mississippi, for generations.
Since I know nothing about the laws of South Dakota I would not assume that the officials in Clay county are violating any of the laws there.
The extortionists in Clay County ask for no extra fee for allowing a person from another state to register their car in SD.
How is Clay County (and other counties from what I've been told) being corrupt and how exactly are people encouraging corruption by legally registering their vehicles in Clay County? sioux4noff
I spoke to 3 different, equally helpful folks all in Clay county. frito
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.