from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dessert made of cream, eggs, sugar, and flavoring frozen together and served in a tall glass.
- n. A dessert made of several layers of different flavors of ice cream or ices, variously garnished and served in a tall glass.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Short for French parfait (parfait glacé), an iced dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, cream, and flavouring (usually fruit), sometimes with the addition of a liqueur.
- n. Short for American parfait, a layered dessert often consisting of fruit, ice cream, pastries, whipped topping, etc. and served in a glass, often a parfait glass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Perfect: used in names of preparations of frozen cream: as café parfait, vanilla parfait, which are frozen without being stirred.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. layers of ice cream and syrup and whipped cream
French, from Old French, perfect, from Latin perfectus; see perfect.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French parfait ("perfect") (Wiktionary)