from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To kill violently.
- transitive v. Slang To overwhelm, as with laughter or love: Those old jokes still slay me.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To kill, murder.
- v. To eradicate or stamp out.
- v. To defeat, overcome.
- v. To delight or overwhelm, especially with laughter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To put to death with a weapon, or by violence; hence, to kill; to put an end to; to destroy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To strike; smite.
- To strike so as to kill; put to death violently, by means of a weapon or otherwise; kill.
- To destroy; put an end to; quench; spoil; ruin.
- Synonyms Murder, etc. See kill.
- To arrange (the warp-threads) in the loom-reed for weaving.
- n. The reed of a weavers' loom.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. kill intentionally and with premeditation
December 28th, 2007 at 5: 30 pm baedo says: wow. santa’s slay is really … um … how shall i say … at a loss really …
B&N says it's bowing to customers 'demands that it carry O.J. Simpson's roman à slay, which is sad enough, but at least the retailer says it will sell the book without actively marketing it, so perhaps we should be grateful for that small concession to taste. settlement of the Turcotte family's lawsuit against Augusten Burroughs
In the meantime, Specialized have certainly proven that the Globe Roll is indeed the perfect bike with which to "slay" an overpriced food run.
I'm assuming you'll be coming through New Mexico to "slay" hi to Sergio.
Brad not only looks like that guy from Queens of the Stone Age, but he also looks really fit, which is bad news for me since we're going to "slay" a road ride and I'll probably get "dropped" like a new fixed-gear product.
But while I may not have saved the world, I did "slay" my Monday Morning Commute Classic, and I plan to palp one of those beers on the way home.
As such, I figured we should "slay" the quintessential New York metropolitan area road ride, which is of course the ride to Nyack.
Now, ordinarily when I "slay" a bagel run, I'll palp either my Ironic Orange Julius Bike or my Scattante, neither of which is set up for a particularly aggressive riding position.
Maybe you "slay" it, or in certain parts of the country I hear people sometimes even "rub" it.
I'd sure love to "slay" some singletrack on that baby.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.