from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Variant of gray1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of gray.
- v. Alternative form of gray.
- n. Alternative form of gray.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See gray (the correct orthography).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. etc. See gray, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make grey
- n. United States writer of western adventure novels (1875-1939)
- adj. of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black
- n. a neutral achromatic color midway between white and black
- v. turn grey
- n. clothing that is a grey color
- adj. intermediate in character or position
- n. Englishman who as Prime Minister implemented social reforms including the abolition of slavery throughout the British Empire (1764-1845)
- n. any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are grey
- n. horse of a light gray or whitish color
- adj. used to signify the Confederate forces in the American Civil War (who wore grey uniforms)
- adj. showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair
- n. Queen of England for nine days in 1553; she was quickly replaced by Mary Tudor and beheaded for treason (1537-1554)
As a Gibson employee wrote in an internal email about how the company could get Madagascar wood onto what it called the "grey market": "All legal timber and wood exports are prohibited because of widespread corruption and theft of valuable woods like rosewood and ebony."
In addition, there are approximately 12 patriots, such as Mthetheleli Mncube and Robert McBride, whom the regime has unilaterally lumped together into what it calls the grey-area category.
He's raising the V-sign to what he calls grey-haired, corrupt, politicians advocating a revolution in Italian politics.
He's raising the V-sign to what he calls grey-haired, corrupt, politicians advocating a revolution in
'We have seen very bad written rules, what I call grey rules, with different interpretations,' he told reporters before the Bahrain Grand Prix.
I was wondering, Both KOM and SI do two schemes - pale greys and a dark greeny brown, seeing as most prey animals are mostly grey, do you think the grey is more effective?
I'd throw near nuff craw patterns or clouser patterns in grey/white, black/grey/white.
And grey is much easier to blend with blonde and ...
A millenary confection in grey felt, glittering with rhinestones, trimmed in black grosgrain.
The federal and state governments, refused to allow this flexibility, and insisted on the less cost effective investment in grey infrastructure.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.