from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Spotted or patched, especially in black and white: a piebald horse.
- n. A piebald animal, especially a horse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Spotted or blotched, especially in black and white.
- adj. Of mixed character, heterogeneous.
- n. An animal with piebald coloration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having spots and patches of black and white, or other colors; mottled; pied.
- adj. Fig.: Mixed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having spots or patches of white and black or other color; party-colored; pied: as, a piebald horse.
- Hence Mixed; heterogeneous; mongrel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly
pie2 + bald.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From pie ("magpie") + bald ("having white patches or blazes"). (Wiktionary)