from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Full of color; abounding in colors: colorful leaves in the fall.
- adj. Characterized by rich variety; vividly distinctive: colorful language.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Possessing prominent and varied colors.
- adj. Interesting, multifaceted, energetic, distinctive.
- adj. Profane, obscene, offensive (usually in the phrase colourful language).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having striking color. Opposite of
- adj. striking in variety and interest. Opposite of
- adj. having color or a certain color; not black, white or grey. Opposite of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. striking in variety and interest
- adj. having striking color
- adj. having color or a certain color; sometimes used in combination
color + -ful (Wiktionary)