American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Full of color; abounding in colors: colorful leaves in the fall.
- adj. Characterized by rich variety; vividly distinctive: colorful language.
- adj. Possessing prominent and varied colors.
- adj. Interesting, multifaceted, energetic, distinctive.
- adj. euphemistic Profane, obscene, offensive (usually in the phrase colourful language).
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. having striking color. Opposite of
- adj. striking in variety and interest. Opposite of
- adj. having color or a certain color; not black, white or grey. Opposite of
- adj. striking in variety and interest
- adj. having striking color
- adj. having color or a certain color; sometimes used in combination
- color + -ful (Wiktionary)
“CHO: Yes, that's what you call a colorful preview of tonight's annual Memorial Day concert in the nation's capital.”
“There is the Tasmanian myth," he says, the Norse-Viking myth and the Adam and Eve myth - which he describes as colorful, interesting and "of course, all false.”
“APPLETON - The exhibit closing Sunday at the History Museum at the Castle carries a title colorful and descriptive: "Times They Are A-Changing.”
“It's just that, a setting with instant recognition that allows them to have all kinds of crazy but recognisable enemies that can be destroyed in 'colorful' ways.”
“These cupcakes have a vanilla butter cake base and are topped with a marshmallow cream cheese frosting that is coated in colorful sugar - just like Peeps are.”
“At one point, our group was taken to a bountiful restaurant where young waiters dressed in colorful cowboy outfits hurtled to and fro.”
“Women in colorful dress and white hats crouched by the river, dipping their blankets in the gray water running by and beating them with wooden sticks -- their primitive method of washing.”
“Surveying the shelves crammed with candies in colorful wrappers, I ask Cohen, Have you got Razzles?”
“Mix" is part of Colker's interest in colorful theatricality and daredevil precision.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘colorful’.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
I love words, especially the ones I make up with my friends.
Very basic words for ESL students.
eyeful, I-ful, i beamful, eifel
Looking for tweets for colorful.