from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a variety of colors; variegated.
- adj. Changing in color; iridescent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having various colors; changeable in color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having several different colors; partycolored; variegated in color.
- Changeable in color, as the chameleon; glancing different hues or tints in different lights; iridescent; sheeny. Also versicolorate.
- Also verse-colored, versicolored, versicolorous.
Latin : versus, past participle of vertere, to turn; see verse1 + color, color; see color.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)