from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having three colors, as in photography or printing.
- adj. Having perception of the three primary colors, as in normal vision: trichromatic vision; a trichromatic individual.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Involving three colours
- adj. Having perception in three primary colours
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having or existing in three different phases of color; having three distinct color varieties; -- said of certain birds and insects.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by three colors; in a specific sense, having the three fundamental color-sensations of red, green, and purple, as the normal eye, in distinction from a color-blind eye, which can perceive only two of the fundamental colors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or involving three colors
tri- + chromatic (Wiktionary)