from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of scream.
- adj. Loud, sharp, and piercing to the ear.
- adj. Obvious; distinct.
- adj. Effeminate, flamboyant or otherwise obviously gay.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Uttering screams; shrieking.
- adj. Having the nature of a scream; like a scream; shrill; sharp.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Crying or sounding shrilly.
- Causing a scream: as, a screaming farce (one calculated to make the audience scream with laughter).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a high-pitched noise resembling a human cry
- adj. marked by or causing boisterous merriment or convulsive laughter
- n. sharp piercing cry
- adj. so extremely intense as to evoke screams
- adj. resembling a scream in effect
Sorry, no etymologies found.