from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Making or marked by loud outcry or sustained din.
- adj. Insistently demanding attention; importunate. See Synonyms at vociferous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to clamor.
- adj. noisy, loud.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Speaking and repeating loud words; full of clamor; calling or demanding loudly or urgently; vociferous; noisy; bawling; loud; turbulent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Making a clamor or outcry; noisy; vociferous; loud; resounding.
- Urgent or importunate in complaints or demands.
- Figuratively, crying out, as for retribution or punishment; heinous; flagrant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. conspicuously and offensively loud; given to vehement outcry
Sorry, no etymologies found.