from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any loud noise, such as from an elephant.
- v. Present participle of blare.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. harshly or unpleasantly loud (in sound intensity); -- used mostly of electronic entertainment devices, such as TV, radio, or phonograph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a loud harsh or strident noise
- adj. unpleasantly loud and penetrating
Sorry, no etymologies found.