from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rough, disorderly person.
- adj. Disorderly; rough: rowdy teenagers; a rowdy beer party.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. rough and disorderly; riotous or just boisterous
- n. A boisterous person; a brawler.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who engages in rows, or noisy quarrels; a ruffianly fellow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A riotous, turbulent fellow; a person given to quarreling and fighting; a rough.
- Having the characteristics of a rowdy; given to rowdyism; rough; coarse-grained; disreputable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cruel and brutal fellow
- adj. disturbing the public peace; loud and rough
Probably from row3.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Possibly from row ("noisy argument") (Wiktionary)