American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Slang A person with a shaven head.
- n. Slang A member of any of various groups of people, especially young people, who shave their heads and sometimes participate in white-supremacist and anti-immigrant activities.
- n. Someone with a shaved head.
- n. Member of the skinhead subculture arising in late 1960s England or its diaspora.
- n. Someone, often associated with a violent gang, and also thought to adhere to white-supremacist or anti-immigrant principles.
- n. a young person who belongs to a British or American group that shave their heads and gather at rock concerts or engage in white supremacist demonstrations
- From skin + head. (Wiktionary)
“I am a proud skinhead and allways have been. when you use the term skinhead you had better talk to a s.h.a.r.p. next time. or do some damn homework.”
“LOS ANGELES, April 23 Reuters – A Muslim teenager who was severely beaten in what he called a skinhead attack sued four of his alleged attackers and their parents on Wednesday for civil rights violations in California state court.”
“His existence as a skinhead is tailored meticulously to every nuance of his extremely complicated, deeply personal sociopolitical belief system and every shred of that is made clear to us.”
“I gather this skinhead is doing his best to help ignite a race war.”
“In the strict sense of the word, Peter Brimelow is not a "skinhead" - he's not shaving his head and going out to beat up the first non-white person he sees.”
“Just listen outside here -- (laughter) -- everything from disputes over battles to the nature of the Italian government to the character of the word "skinhead" -- (laughter) -- is being debated even as we are here.”
“Hence, pissed off drunk angry skinhead is more likely to get a smack in the grid first, than an 80 year old woman with three children in tow, if that’s stereotyping then sign me up as a member. on June 19, 2008 at 8: 21 pm | Reply Avie”
“Well that’s why your skinhead is getting one in the grills and your old lady doesn’t, more often than not.”
“PS: membership in skinhead organizations doesn’t count.”
“I always knew Jade Goody was a racist but I think becoming a skinhead was a step too far...”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘skinhead’.
Interesting gene names. Some of these may have changed recently (to something less offensive/funny).
tinman, agnostic, dreadlocks, Van Gogh, fruitless, lava lamp, ariadne, cheap date, ken and barbie, I'm not dead yet, I'm not dead yet 2, manic fringe and 1192 more...
An extensive list I have been working on for quite some time. Feel free to add more of the kind if you miss any.
Life in the ghetto after dark with a knife.
Looking for tweets for skinhead.