from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A person with a shaven head.
- n. Slang A member of any of various groups of people, especially young people, who shave their heads and sometimes participate in white-supremacist and anti-immigrant activities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone with a shaved head.
- n. Member of the skinhead subculture arising in late 1960s England or its diaspora.
- n. Someone, often associated with a violent gang, and also thought to adhere to white-supremacist or anti-immigrant principles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a young person who belongs to a British or American group that shave their heads and gather at rock concerts or engage in white supremacist demonstrations
I am a proud skinhead and allways have been. when you use the term skinhead you had better talk to a s.h.a.r.p. next time. or do some damn homework.
LOS ANGELES, April 23 Reuters – A Muslim teenager who was severely beaten in what he called a skinhead attack sued four of his alleged attackers and their parents on Wednesday for civil rights violations in California state court.
His existence as a skinhead is tailored meticulously to every nuance of his extremely complicated, deeply personal sociopolitical belief system and every shred of that is made clear to us.
I gather this skinhead is doing his best to help ignite a race war.
In the strict sense of the word, Peter Brimelow is not a "skinhead" - he's not shaving his head and going out to beat up the first non-white person he sees.
Just listen outside here -- (laughter) -- everything from disputes over battles to the nature of the Italian government to the character of the word "skinhead" -- (laughter) -- is being debated even as we are here.
Hence, pissed off drunk angry skinhead is more likely to get a smack in the grid first, than an 80 year old woman with three children in tow, if that’s stereotyping then sign me up as a member. on June 19, 2008 at 8: 21 pm | Reply Avie
Well that’s why your skinhead is getting one in the grills and your old lady doesn’t, more often than not.
PS: membership in skinhead organizations doesn’t count.
I always knew Jade Goody was a racist but I think becoming a skinhead was a step too far...
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.