from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An often homeless girl who roams about the streets; an urchin.
- n. A girl or woman of impish appeal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a female street urchin
- n. a mischievous, playful, elfish, pert girl or young woman
- adj. having a boyish, mischievous charm; tomboyish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a homeless girl who roams the streets
- n. a girl of impish appeal
French, feminine of gamin, gamin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)