from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of punkie.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to punk (touchwood).
- adj. Of or pertaining to the punk subculture.
- n. Alternative spelling of punkie.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A minute dipterous insect common in the Adirondack region of New York and in the Maine woods, which bites severely and is a great nuisance to travelers and sportsmen. It has not been determined entomologically, but is probably a midge of the genus Ceratopogon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. minute two-winged insect that sucks the blood of mammals and birds and other insects
punk + -y (Wiktionary)