from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of punkie.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to punk (touchwood).
- adj. Of or pertaining to the punk subculture.
- n. Alternative spelling of punkie.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A minute dipterous insect common in the Adirondack region of New York and in the Maine woods, which bites severely and is a great nuisance to travelers and sportsmen. It has not been determined entomologically, but is probably a midge of the genus Ceratopogon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. minute two-winged insect that sucks the blood of mammals and birds and other insects
Sure, nobody broke out a pair of glittery assless chaps, but one contestant tried to make Christina go "punky" - and his fabric-light look led to many a disparaging
It was punchy, plain, said what it thought - punky in other words.
He remembered that her hair was dyed blonde then, cut in short, punky layers.
In other words, as the Dec. 31 deadline for completing their withdrawal approaches, U.S. troops are leaving behind the good, the bad and what "Lil Czar" Mohammed calls the "punky."
But back in the mid-'80s, I seem to recall a punky QB named McMahon doing much crazier stuff -- mooning a helicopter, spitting a loogy on a reporter -- and to this day, he lives on as a Chicago cult hero.
His version is way better than the Chicory Tip version and theres lots of other good songs on the album including some in kind of punky disco styles... in 1972!
She died her hair, started dressing "punky" and to her dismay her dad and her label execs went along with it and exploited it.
Hair styled short, an expensive kind of punky look.
Here's the first single, a slice of the kind of punky-pop the band is best known for:
The 24-year-old singer, who describes the designs as "everything I would wear", modelled a variety of 'punky' pieces, including neon pink trousers and a yellow and black checked print skirt, during the shoot at LA's Viper Room nightclub.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.