from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Short and thick; stocky.
- adj. Containing small thick pieces: chunky peanut butter; chunky soup.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having chunks
- adj. fat
- n. A sport or game played by the Cherokee and other Native Americans in the Carolinas, which involved throwing a spear at a rolling disk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Short and thick.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Disproportionately thick or stout; appearing like a chunk: as, a chunky boy or horse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. short and thick; as e.g. having short legs and heavy musculature
- adj. like or containing small sticky lumps
There is nothing of that magnitude, of what I call chunky, that is on the near-term horizon that is going to have to be dealt with, and in fact I think that this is probably a good point just to talk about the granularity in this loan portfolio.
Digital Manga is promoting this new series, released in chunky (300+ pages) volumes, as a classic shojo manga, trumpeting how it has sold over 30 million copies worldwide.
So brilliantly scripted, excellent one liners, and packed with subtle cues and signifiers, from men in chunky sweaters to Elvis Christmas songs.
Author and illustrator, Peter McCarty, recognizes the trend in chunky pets.
September 22, 2006 @ 10: 56 pm it looks good in chunky yarn (i know i sound surprised). are you going to stretch it out and block it?
In high school they had it on the salad & sandwich bar in chunky style and I switched and never bought chunky since unless I’m making homemade chocolate pb cups!
You want the nutella to be swirled and the banana to remain chunky.
Right on to Anil for pushing the notion of chunky thinking.
Also he'd been described as a chunky party with a round face decorated with a cute little mustache and baby blue eyes.
In architecture he is what you'd call a chunky man,
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.