from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a person, especially a laborer, from east-central Europe.
- adj. Slang Having a well-developed physique; sexually attractive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Exhibiting strong, masculine beauty.
- adj. Shaped like a hunk, or piece; chunky.
- n. A person of Hungarian or Slavic, especially Ukrainian, descent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. All right; in a good condition; also, even; square.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as hunk, 2.
Probably shortening and alteration of bohunk.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Probably Dutch hunke, 19th century. (Wiktionary)
From the older hunk, probably alteration of Hungarian. Compare bohunk. (Wiktionary)