from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Short and fat.
- adj. Having a dull sound; lacking resonance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. stout, rotund
- adj. Resembling a tub; sounding dull and without resonance or freedom of sound.
- n. An overweight person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling a tub; specifically sounding dull and without resonance, like a tub; wanting elasticity or freedom of sound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tubshaped; round like a tub or barrel.
- Having a sound like that of an empty tub when struck; sounding dull and without resonance: applied to stringed musical instruments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. short and plump
From tub + -y. False cognate with chubby, even though they are often interchangeable. (Wiktionary)