from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a sturdy muscular physique; robust.
- n. Straps considered as a group.
- n. Material for making straps.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of strap.
- adj. Of a young woman full of vigor; lusty.
- adj. Of a person of either sex; Having a sturdy muscular physique; robust.
- n. Adhesive plaster for strapping injuries.
- n. A length of narrow material to be used for straps, or straps collectively.
- n. A beating with a strap.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tall; strong; lusty; large.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of fastening with a strap.
- n. A beating; a whipping.
- n. Material for straps, or straps in general.
- Tall; lusty; robust.
- n. In surgery, the application of strips of adhesive plaster, one overlapping the other so as to cover the surface and make pressure upon it: a method employed in the treatment of ulcers and open wounds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. muscular and heavily built
Sorry, no etymologies found.