from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A condition in which the ends of the fingers and toes are enlarged and the nails are shiny and abnormally curved.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of club.
- n. An instance of using a club.
- n. A thickening of the ends of fingers and toes.
- n. The practice of frequenting nightclubs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being or becoming clubbed or club-shaped, as the hands or feet.
- n. Same as clubfoot. See club-foot, 3.
- n. The act of beating with a club: as, the police resorted to clubbing.
- n. In gardening, the process or progress of becoming clubrooted; also, the clubrooted condition.
- n. The act of forming a club; joint action or subscription for joint or individual benefit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a condition in which the ends of toes and fingers become wide and thick; a symptom of heart or lung disease
Sorry, no etymologies found.