from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tied or bound with cords.
- adj. Furnished with or made of cords.
- adj. Ribbed or twilled: a corded bedspread.
- adj. Stacked in cords: corded firewood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Fitted with a cord.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bound or fastened with cords.
- adj. Piled in a form for measurement by the cord.
- adj. Made of cords.
- adj. Striped or ribbed with cords.
- adj. Bound about, or wound, with cords.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bound, girded, or fastened with cords.
- Piled in a form for measurement by the cord.
- Made of cords; furnished with cords.
- Ribbed or furrowed, as by cords: as, corded cloth; a corded pattern.
- In heraldry, represented as bound about, or wound with cords, as the cross in the accompanying figure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of textiles; having parallel raised lines
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Lancer pulled up short and made a shallow bow to the man, who wore an old but carefully-ironed white shirt with a buttoned collar much too large for him, from which his thin corded neck extended like a sunburnt plant stalk.
Piqué pee-kay • Group of durable fabrics characterized by corded effects either warp-wise or filling-wise, most notably created with a waffle texture similar to that of a honeycomb weave.
A "corded" breast may usually quite easily be cured, and the patient should be made perfectly easy in mind about it.
This "corded" bed was constructed by running rope or cord from the head to the foot and then from side to side.
The portrait forming the centrepiece is like that on the values of 1868 though the medallion is enclosed within a "corded" circle instead of an ordinary plain line.
I did all the usual checks, removing kit from the line and plugging a normal "corded" phone into the master socket.
I had an electric "corded" drill when I was two ....
but the "corded" power drill pissed me off...cordless is so much more functional
a straw-filled tick laid on planks, with sometimes a "corded" bed for a luxury.
He was over six feet tall, his build corded with muscle.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.