American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Consisting of both letters and numbers.
- adj. Consisting of or using letters, numbers, punctuation marks, and mathematical and other conventional symbols: an alphanumeric code.
- adj. Consisting of letters and numbers, especially the characters A to Z (lowercase and uppercase) and 0 to 9
- adj. Consisting of these characters plus punctuation and other special characters
- n. An alphanumeric character.
- adj. of or pertaining to alphanumeric characters
- alpha(betic) + numeric (Wiktionary)
- alpha(betic) + numeric(al). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Unearthed" allegedly focuses on a young girl who is pronounced dead, and when she's taken off of life support, she "wakes up screaming in alphanumeric code.”
“The Internet is going to do a lot more to change performance-based poetry, include the necessarily performance - or video-based poets of American Sign Language, than to change the kind of poems I write and (mostly) read, shortish works in alphanumeric script in Western languages, created for silent reading on the page.”
“The unique identifier, called a alphanumeric characters, such as, for example, uuid: 4CD7E4BC-648B-426D-9936-443EAAC8AI.”
“The keys on a computer keyboard can be classified as alphanumeric keys (letters and numbers), punctuation keys (comma, period, semicolon, etc.), and special keys (function keys, control keys, arrow keys, Caps Lock key, etc.).”
“In fact, keys such as alphanumeric keys are not supposed to be used as modifier keys.”
“Some of the solutions that work people such as alphanumeric passwords doesn't work for people like me who have to deal with strict password policies.”
“To those uninitiated to alphanumeric symbols there is no information in a newspaper.”
“Total alphanumeric discrimination in the guise of orderly process.”
“Assuming that there are 22 usable special characters (I think there are more, but I was conservative in my estimate) on top of the 62 alphanumeric characters, you get 84 different characters and with an 8-character password that gives more than 2,000 trillion different combinations.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘alphanumeric’.
Buzzwords of our time
ones I already liked
A list of homological (self-describing) words
Words created by combining 2 (or sometimes more)
Looking for tweets for alphanumeric.